As a parent surely you wish for their children to be healthy. To keep children’s health, there are many things you have to do. Keep away dangerous things and educate healthy behaviors are the example of it. But, the thing you should do to make sure your children stay healthy is giving nutritious food. Thus, you should make them healthy recipes for kids.
As you have known, foods contain many substances that both good or bad for kids. And so, it is the parent’s job to filter the foods that are good for kid’s well being. But there is a time when kids refuse to eat healthy food. So as a parent you must be creative to make healthy food seems interesting. And here are healthy recipes for kids you can apply.
1. Chicken Skewers With Tzatziki
Chicken skewers with tzatziki are one of the healthy recipes for kids that you can make. It is easy to make. Besides it contains many nutritious substances as protein, fiber, carbohydrate yet low fat.
So what should you do to make this food? Here are the ingredients :
- 4 breast chicken without skin
- garlic clove
- small yellow pepper
- small red pepper
- tortilla warps
- baby spinach leaves
- a little sprigs flat-leaf parsley
As for the tzatziki
- ½ cucumber
- ¼ garlic clove
- 4 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
And do not forget to prepare eight bamboo skewers. To make this food you need to follow these steps. Do not worry as this food is easy to make.
- First, you need to soak the skewers into the water. Then you have to cut the breast chicken into small pieces. Next, peel off the lemon zest and juice it. Add the peeled lemon and the juices into the plastic box together with the chicken, oregano, and garlic. Mix it together and put it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- This is the next step. You should heat the frying pan while getting the chicken out from the refrigerator. And then thread the chicken onto the skewers with alternate it with red peppers and yellow peppers. After you finish it, griddle for about 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is griddling, now is the time to make tzatziki. First, split the cucumber into two parts and get rid off the watery seedy core. Then grate it. Also, do not forget to grate the ¼ garlic. Next, season it and mix with some of the greek yogurt. Then pour a small amount of virgin olive oil.
- Serve the chicken skewers with or without the dip. And when it’s already cool, pack into wholemeal wraps. Spread a little tzatziki on it. Role up and finished.
2. One-pan Egg and Vegetable Brunch
If you want to cook something healthy and easy to make, then this one-pan egg and vegetable Brunch is the answer. You just need 30 minutes to make it edible.
The ingredients you needed are:
- 300-gram baby potato
- ½ tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 courgette and cut in small chunks
- some of the small chunked yellow peppers, and red peppers
- 2 spring onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 eggs
The step to make this food is not hard. And the taste is delicious. So, here are the steps.
- First, boil the potato for 8 minutes then drain it.
- Next, heat the frying pan, put butter on it. And then add the courgette, peppers, potato and little of salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes until everything starting to brown. And then add garlic, thyme and spring onion. Cook all of the ingredients for about 2 minutes.
- The next step is to crack the eggs. Then cook it. Sprinkle with thyme and black pepper in case you like it. Finally, serve the food with toast.
These are some of the healthy recipes for kids you can apply at. With these recipes, you will not confuse your kids’ nutrition. And the kids can enjoy it.